Parker Family Page
The earliest known Parker in the James Leander Parker line was probably Thomas Parker, though it is not proven. His son was Hardy Parker and grandson was Hardy A. Parker who married Suzannah Bowzer. Their children were as follows:
- Hardy, who moved to Comanche, Texas
- Thomas Jefferson, who reporetly moved to Texas
- Jonathan D., who was a landowner in Jones County, Mississippi in the mid-1820s.
- James Leander
James Leander Parker of Jones Co., Mississippi
James Leander Parker was born in North Carolina
in 1801 and eventually came to Jones County, Mississippi, although the
date of his arrival there is not certain.
James may have lived in Stewart Co., Georgia since
on February 6, 1832 a James Parker was appointed commissioner for the
796 District along with Archibald Spears.  In the 1850 Stewart Co.
census, a Mary Parker age 6 lived in the Spears household.  Amos Jefferson
Spears, the son of Archibald's brother Henry William Spears also of Stewart
County, Georgia, married Frances Parker, daughter of James Parker in Jones
County, Mississippi in 1852. James Parker's mother-in-law was Teresia
Powell, and Archibald Spears' daughter Eliza married Teresia's brother
James Hathorn Powell. Amos and James and their families moved to lower
Angelina County, Texas about 1860. James Hathorn and Eliza Powell later
moved to Johnson County, Texas along with descendants of Archibald Spears.
Before 1830 James married Mary Anderson, daughter
of Isaac Anderson and Teresia Powell Anderson. Mary died in Jones County
about 1853. In 1854 James married Sarah Collins Walters,but they were divorced
about 1859 on the grounds of abandoment by Mary. Shortly thereafter James
moved to Angelina County, Texas, where he married Clarissa Proctor in
James and Mary Parker had the following children:
- Jane Parker
- Mary (Molly) Parker, who married a Bonner.
- Lavinia Parker,who was born in 1829 in Mississippi, married Isaac Nelson Graham and died September 22, 1868 in Angelina Co, TX.
- Henry P. Parker, who was born in 1832 in Mississippi and married first Dorcas Trest and then Mary J. Lindsey.
- Frances Parker, who was born October 30, 1834 in Mississippi, married Amos Jefferson Spears, and died July 07, 1888 in Lufkin, Texas
- Isaac Parker,who was born in 1837 in Mississippi and married Martha Poole.
- Hardy Parker, who was born in 1840 in Mississippi and married first Louisa Caldwell and second Melvinia Poole
- James (Jim) Parker b: 1843 in Mississippi d: March 16, 1862 in Galveston, TX
- Nancy Parker, who was born May 27, 1845, married Hiram Peter Mott, and died December 08, 1907 in Zavalla, Angelina, Texas.
- Eliza Parker,who was born in 1847 in Mississippi and married George W. Townsend
- Thomas Jefferson Parker, who was born April 11, 1849 in MIssissippi and married Sarah A. Drummond
- Lafayette Parker, who was born November 19, 1851 in Jones Co, Mississippi, married Missouri Ward, and died September 21, 1883 in Jasper Co, Texas.
Closely associated with the Parkers in Angelina
County was John Cidney Parker, who was born June 26, 1842 in Mississippi,
married Sarah Ann M. Hewlett, and died December 05, 1912 in Angelina Co,
TX. He is believed to have been a nephew of James Parker.
Parkers of Angelina County
About 1859 both the James Parker and Amos Spears
families emigrated to Angelina County, Texas and settled in the lower
part of the county near Zavalla. Most of the Parkers in Angelina County
descend from James Parker and his close relatives.
When the railroad was build through Lufkin around
1880, the Spears family moved to what later became Lufkin. James Parker
went to live with Amos Spears late in life and died there. He is buried
at Largent Cemetery just west of Lufkin.
My Parker Line
- M. Lee Murrah
- Ina Gertrude Johnson m. Earvin Elroy Murrah
- Florence Ophelia Largent m. Franklin John Johnson
- Eliza Azalee Spears m. Malcom David Largent
- Amos Jefferson Spears m. Frances Parker
- James Leander Parker m. Mary Anderson
- Hardy A. Parker m. Suzannah Bowzer
- Hardy Parker
- Thomas Parker
Parker Resources on the Internet
Published Genealogies and Other Sources
 Terrill, Helen Eliza, "History of Stewart County, Ga"
Updates and Corrections
The above information is based on the best sources
currently available to the author and is subject to correction. If you
have information that is different or additional to that shown above,
I would like to receive it. Please contact me by e-mail
and mention this web page in your message.