Andersons in South Carolina
The ancestry of Isaac Anderson is confused at best. According
to DAR records, his father was James Anderson, and he is said to have had
brothers Asa and John and a sister Sarah.
Some say that current research does not support this connection or that James could not have been his father.
James was born
before March 06, 1747/48 and died in September
09, 1813 in Pendleton, Anderson Co., South Carolina, or perhaps Twiggs
Co., Georgia. Some say he married Agnes Craig, but that is not certain. Those who support the James Anderson theory say that he and Agnes had the following children:
- Isaac, who was born October 10, 1785 in North Carolina
- Asa Anderson, born 1788, who married Elizabeth (Betsy) Welch, and
died in Jones Co., Mississippi.
- John Anderson, who married Mary E. Duckworth.
- Sarah Anderson, m1. ____ Gibson, m2. Stacy Collins abt 1808 in Twiggs
Co., Georgia, moved to Mississippi where Stacy was the first postmaster
of Jones Co. after its creation from Wayne Co. They later moved to Texas.
Some soures identify James' parents as Robert Anderson and Anna Thompson Duckworth. However, other researchers claim to have disproven this link.
The Jones County, Mississippi Andersons
saac Anderson was an early resident of Mississippi
and was in Clarke County in 1816. He later lived at Ellisville in Jones
Co., where he served as postmaster before 1843. He was born October 10,
1785 in North Carolina and died in 1878 in Jones Co, Mississippi.
Isaac first married Teresia Powell, daughter of
John Hathorn Powell, Sr and wife Esther, in Twiggs Co., Georgia. Teresia
was born about 1789 in Edgefield Co., South Carolina and died December
1, 1850 in Ellisville, Jones Co., Mississippi. They had 9 children as
- Mary Anderson b: June 01, 1810 in Georgia d: Abt. 1853 in Ellisville,
Jones Co, Mississippi m James Leander Parker
- Allen Anderson b: September 04, 1812 m Mahala Herrington
- Henry Anderson b: September 14, 1814 m Susan (Susannah) _____
- Tina Easter (Esther) Anderson b: February 06, 1817 m Jessie Walters
- Irena Anderson b: April 19, 1820
- Delpha Anderson b: October 17, 1822 m James Cooper
- Hiram Anderson b: September 23, 1826 m Mary Ann Elizabeth DuVall
- Richmond Anderson b: 1828
- Parmalee (Pimley) C.
- Unknown child
- Oliff Anderson b: January 09, 1832 m William Bayliss
Isaac married second Sarah Rebecca Deason, who
was born June 06, 1829 in South Carolina and died 1871 in Ellisville,
Jones Co, Mississippi. They had the following children:
- Treacy Anderson b: January 07, 1853 in Ellisville, Jones Co, Mississippi
- Isaac B. Anderson b: January 07, 1856 m:Sarah Rebecca Pool
- Amos Anderson b: April 21, 1858 m Floy Dudley Pool
- George W. Anderson b: April 04, 1860 in Ellisville, Jones Co, Mississippi
- James (Jimmie) Anderson b: March 20, 1863 in Ellisville, Jones Co,
- S. P. Anderson b: Aft. March 20, 1863
- Vanessa Anderson b: Aft. March 20, 1863
My Anderson Line
- M. Lee Murrah
- Ina Gertrude Johnson m. Earvin Elroy Murrah
- Florence Ophelia Largent m. Frank John Johnson
- Eliza Azalee Spears m. Malcom David Largent
- Frances Parker m. Amos Jefferson Spears
- Mary Anderson m. James Leander Parker
- Isaac Anderson m. Teresia Powell
- James Anderson m. Agnes Craig (unproven)
- Robert Anderson m. Anna Thompson Duckworth
- John Anderson
Published Genealogies and Other Sources
Other Anderson Internet Resources
Updates and Corrections
The above information is based on the best sources
currently available to the author and is subject to correction. If you
have information that is different or additional to that shown above,
I would like to receive it. Please contact me by e-mail
and mention this web page in your message.
- Powell Families of the South.
- Land records, Jones County, Mississippi
Return to Home Page